More and more homes are turning to the use of solar power. There are two uses for solar power in residences today. The first one is heating water and the second one is as an energy source. The great thing about solar panels is that they are very simple in concept and design as compared with other similar devices. They are so simple that you could even do the installation on your own if you are familiar enough with handling tools. That means maintenance of solar panels is going to be an easy thing as well.
To help serve as a guide for you in maintaining the solar panel that you have at home, we have listed here some steps that you can follow:
- As we have mentioned, solar panels by design are very simple and because of that they are easy to maintain. For a water heating solar panel for example the only moving part is the pump for the water, the rest of the device just sits there waiting for the sun to bombard it. There is nothing to worry about any parts breaking down or starting to go loose.
- You have inspect it regularly to see that no debris would be falling on the surface of the panel. Leaves and other pieces could prevent the device from the full blast of the sun.
- Dust is another thing that could affect the performance of a solar panel. If you leave in an area that produces a lot of dust you should see to it that you get your solar panels cleaned regularly.
- You should use a cleaning solution made from dishwashing soap mixed with warm water. You can use that directly on the surface of the panel to remove dust and grime that has accumulated.
- Bird droppings can also be a problem and would greatly reduce the efficiency of the panels in receiving light.
Panels are designed to last for over 30 years, but that lifespan can be greatly reduced if it is not properly maintained. The fact that there are no moving parts might be a factor in it being ignored. You should not forget however to check it regularly. If your solar panel is on your roof which is generally the usual place where panels are installed, then you need to be very careful and you ought to keep in mind that your safety is more important than anything else.
If you were tasked with creating a PowerPoint presentation on the subject of microelectronics, how would you go about with that? How would you go about trying to present this branch of industry that is making so much progress?
The best way to go about in making that presentation is to make a connection with that progress that we have mentioned. Try to present the latest developments in the world of microelectronics. Since this field is connected with modern technology, you can be sure that that there will be a lot of new developments that you can include in your presentation.
Just for starters, you can discuss the impact of microelectronics in various industries. Since the aim of this field is the design and the making of smaller electronic circuits and components, we are seeing the end results and its products. We are now using the very same devices that were made possible by the advances made by the experts in the field. They have been able to reduce the sizes of the electrical components and circuits with the use of modern technology.
Another topic that you can focus on is the problems faced by those who are into this field. The biggest difficulty that they face is the so called parasitic effects. These are the natural effects of the circuit components which can affect the way that the circuit would function. It is the job of a designer and engineer in this field to see to it that these effects are minimized or at least reduced.
Importance of Microelectronics- Another important topic that you can use for your presentation is the importance of microelectronics in everyday life. This field is important because it helps make it possible for smaller and thinner devices to be made. It is also makes it possible for multiple functions to be contained in a single device. Just imagine how life would be without the advances and developments that they have made in this field. We would still be stuck with huge bulky contraptions that could only perform single functions. We would not be enjoying the same level of portability that we now have with all of the devices that we have.
Make sure that you tackle all of that in your presentation. You can show great images for comparing how the devices of yesterday are so huge as compared with the devices of today. That would probably be the best way of showing how far this field has come.
There are some devices and electronic gadgets from other countries that have different features and functions from the one that we have locally. These devices have some fancy functions and it would really be neat if we could lay our hands on them. The problem is that we cannot just go ahead and use these electronic gadgets right away.
There are differences in the way that some countries use electricity. This means that the devices that they make are different and might not work if we plug them directly the power supply that we have at home. In fact the difference is quite significant and it might actually lead in the getting damaged. That also means that we can not just plug in our devices to the local power supply when we are travelling.
Difference in Voltage- The main difference between countries when it comes to the way that they use electricity, is in the standard voltage of their power supply. The voltage used in Australia for example is rated at 240 volts. Compare that with the voltage used in other countries and there’s a huge difference. The United States for example uses 110-120volts while in Europe they use 220 volts.
If you accidentally plug in a device that you brought directly from the States into a regular power outlet in Australia, the device will get damaged. Even worse, it might potentially start a fire. Also Australian power supply is rated at 50 Hertz which is lower than the American 60 Hertz. Even if the voltage is converted so the device could run it would function more slowly if it uses a motor because of the lower frequency.
There could also be a difference in the way that power outlets take in the plugs. Normally they use two or three flat prongs for the plugs in Australia and not the rounded types found in other countries.
Adapting- This does not mean that devices and electronic gadgets cannot be used in different countries. All you have to do is make sure that you have the right adapter for the voltage. An adapter or a converter will step-up or step down the voltage as the need maybe so that the device can be plugged into the available power supply. There are also adapters for allowing the different types of plugs to be used on different local outlets. Just be sure that you know some background of the country that you are going to visit or the country where your device came from, so you know what step to take in order for you to use it. You can also hire an electrician who can help you with these types of issues.
Each year we’re getting new models of TV sets and other devices. When you think about it though, the best place for you to get new developments and ideas for appliances is the kitchen. You could always use new to make your cooking and food preparation a lot easier.
If you have not kept yourself up to date with the latest technological developments in the kitchen, then here are some of the choices from which you can take your pick:
- Multi-Cooker- This device is a rice cooker, pressure cooker, and other types of cooker all rolled into one. Because it can do what usually took several types of devices to accomplish, it means that you are saving a lot of space in your kitchen. It can also cook a lot faster than the conventional devices that they have improved upon.
- Induction Cookers- This is one of the best ideas to have appeared on the kitchen today. The induction cooker produces an electromagnetic field, which is what heats up the pot or the pan that is placed on the stovetop. This means that the stove itself does not generate any heat on its own. You can even touch the surface right after cooking (don’t do it though while the device is still plugged in). Because of the unique way that it cooks food, it only uses a fraction of the energy that conventional stoves used up in the past. The only downside is that you can only use a certain kind of pot or pan for it, because the induction process can only heat up those made from stainless steel.
- Dishwasher Drawers- Saving space is the rule right now when it comes to home appliances and those used in the kitchen are no exception. One way that designers have discovered to save space is by rethinking the way that they are opened. The solution is to use the idea for a drawer instead of the traditional way that a dishwasher can be opened. This principle can also be applied to microwave ovens.
- Steam Assist Ovens- This type of oven uses a unique way of cooking food. That unique method is through steam. Steam is circulated within the oven and it is the one that penetrates and cooks the food. Because of the properties of steam, you can save a great amount of work from food preparation.
- High-Tech Refrigerators- The common refrigerator has not escaped the fever to redesign old appliances. You can now get a refrigerator with a built in computer. You could even get an oven refrigerator.
There are still other new ideas out there for kitchen appliances. Most of them are improvements on existing ideas for appliances and can be seen as adaptations, so that the devices can still stay relevant. You can always find someone to help you install your appliances on Oneflare.
Microelectronics is a subfield within general electronics that deals with very small electronic components and devices. It is involved in the design, manufacture and industrial application for these devices. This field holds a tremendous possibility that can be utilized by both the industrial and the scientific community. With electronic components being miniaturized, it is now possible to design small and even microscopic devices that can do the same things as their regular sized counterparts.
Impact- The devices that are designed and made under microelectronics can be micrometre in scale, which means that they are very small. It is possible to make components of this size because of the understanding of the way that molecules of semiconductors behave. With this understanding it has become possible to design components that are so small it would need a microscope to view them.
The impact of this discover can not be underestimated and its value in various industries is great, even if most of its potential is still unrealized. It still has to see widespread applications in the industries.
Components- Almost all of the normal components used in regular electronics have its equivalent in microelectronics. The usual components such as resistors, capacitors, diodes, transistors and Integrated Circuits all have their micro counterparts. There are differences of course. Because of the size problem other means of connection are used. Instead of the usual wiring used in regular electronics a unique way of bonding has been developed.
With better manufacturing process and more advanced technology the components are bound to get smaller. The aim of a designer/engineer in this field is to come up with smaller designs while overcoming the natural weakness of components of such small sizes.
Types of Microelectronics Technology- The field of microelectronics has a wide range of application. It is interconnected with other branches of technology that deals with downsizing things:
- Nanoelectronics- This is microelectronics taken down to smaller sizes. This is the study of electronics and the designing of electronic components and devices down to an atomic level. Yes, it is possible to achieve that.
- Nanotechnology- This is closely related to nanoelectronics and in fact it is almost the same. This is the use of technology down to atomic sizes.
- Microfabrication- Microfabrication covers the designing and creation of small structures and devices. Most of these would use electronics technology. This technology is now mainly used for the making of integrated circuits that are so small yet they can do the same amount, or even a greater amount of work of larger circuits.
These are just some of the related technologies to microelectronics today.